Mar 6, 2010

Quotes Of Abraham Lincoln

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.



"You are ambitious, which, within reasonable bounds, does good rather than harm."

"If you are resolutely determined to make a lawyer of yourself, the thing is more than half done already."


"If you are resolutely determined to make a lawyer of yourself, the thing is more than half done already."
 
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide." (Lyceum Address, January 27, 1838)


"You can not fail if you resolutely determine that you will not." (Letter to George Latham, July 22, 1862)



"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
 
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. "

We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.

I destroy my enemy when I make him my friend.

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for the day.

Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.

I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed but I am bound to live the best life that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right and part from him when he goes wrong.

No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.

Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment